Claudette Förster PG Cert, BSCH (Assoc.)
It is fair to say that anyone who knows me knows how passionately I believe in the body’s ability to self-heal. It is for this reason that I was drawn to Spiritual Healing and later Clinical Hypnotherapy as both modalities deal with your mind and body’s ability to stabilize, balance and heal; vital factors on your journey towards healing.
Many of the people that I work with have been struggling with their issues for many years. They feel isolated, lonely and desperate to feel better. It doesn’t have to be this way. As a therapist, I believe in getting my patients to where they want to be mentally, in as shorter time as possible. It is from this belief that HypnoHealing was borne, producing results in weeks or months rather than years. As a practitioner of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Past Life Regression and Life Coaching, I find that these modalities complement each other and have devised a method of treatment which helps my patients receive a deeper, healing experience.
The approach is imaginative and compassionate, helping and empowering you to create a more balanced stance within your working and personal life. You are always encouraged to talk about the way you feel in a non-judgemental, caring atmosphere designed to help you speak out without fear.
Your journey begins here and I look forward to working with you.
We all experience the kind of stress that motivates us and this can be a good thing, pleasurable even. However, the Health and Safety Executive Committee (HSE) reported that 428,000 people in the UK experienced work-related stress that had reached such a level, it was making them ill. That’s 40% of all work-related illnesses. On average, depression, stress or anxiety accounted for 23 days of work-related ill health.
Be it physical or psychological, there is now a wealth of evidence to demonstrate the biological processes that links stress to various disease states.
What does this mean for the employer?
- There is an increase in absenteeism
- Staff will be lacking in motivation
- You notice increased reports of stress
- Staff will not be reaching their full potential
- Poor performance
- You notice an increase in staff complaints and grievances
- Individuals will become easily angered or aggressive
- There are disputes and disaffection within the group
- You notice an increase in staff turnover
- There is difficulty in attracting new staff
- You notice a rise in customer complaints and dissatisfaction
These are just some of the scenarios that can have a significant impact on business. So, a pre-emptive approach to tackling the root cause is essential.
Specialising in anxiety, stress and trauma, Claudette Förster has developed a unique approach to mental health using a combination of the trance state, mindfulness meditation and visualisation to empower and encourage self-healing in individuals and teams. As a result, your employee is able to identify blocks in relationships, careers and their day-to-day life in general. Together, we create strategies that target in on a person’s strengths, gifts and unique skills.
Hypnotherapy and/or meditation classes help to increase company morale and in so doing increases staff productivity. Simply put, it makes excellent financial sense.
With so many meditation recordings available online it can be difficult to find something that suits you. How many times have you started to listen to online recordings only to find that the background music, nature sounds, chimes etc are irritating and anything but relaxing? Sometimes, what you thought would be a helpful recording does not address your issues in the way you thought it would. Given these circumstances, doesn’t it make sense to have something personalised, designed around your needs and wants and allows your input to be part of the creative process? If you’re seeking to relax or reach a specific goal then I have the solution for you.
In compiling your own bespoke recording:
- We will begin with a consultation where we look at your issues, determine your needs and goals, discussing all aspects in detail to make sure the finished product is personal to you in every way.
- Your personal script is then created and recorded. Should you wish to have background music or other sounds, a selection of royalty free sounds will be sent to you for your selection.
- On completion of the recording, you will have 7 days to review and make any adjustments to volume, background music or sounds.
It’s as simple as that and I look forward to hearing from you.
History of Hypnosis
Hypnotic or suggestive therapy is the oldest of all healing techniques. From the Sleep Temples of Egypt through the histories of ancient Greece and Rome, some form of hypnosis has always been an part of the culture.
In the 18th Century, when it was believed that illness was caused by the magnetic influence of astral bodies, Franz Anton Mesmer would induce people into a trance like state by what he erroneously believed to be Animal Magnetism. Although Mesmerism was soon discredited, it continued to be used even after the death of Mesmer as it often produced “miracle” cures. When James Braid re-examined Mesmerism in the 19th Century he discovered that simple suggestion was just as effective as Mesmerism or any other method to induce trance-like states. He it was who coined the phrase Hypnosis and for a time hypnosis became a scientific technique with scientific respectability.
In the early part of the 20th Century hypnosis was used almost exclusively by stage hypnotists, thereby projecting a hopelessly distorted view of this very powerful therapeutic tool. However, in 1955 the British Medical Association endorsed the practice of hypnosis in Medical School education. It has since become a valuable addition to conventional medical treatment.
What is Hypnosis?
As you are neither asleep nor awake, the actual experience of being hypnotised is difficult to describe. However, all hypnotic states are characterised by an extremely pleasant state of relaxation. It is an altered state of consciousness into which you allow yourself to enter. In this way, the desired, beneficial suggestions may be given directly to your subconscious mind. It is a natural and very effective way of making contact with your inner self, in a way that allows you to access a tremendous reservoir of unrecognised potential strength and knowledge.
What is Clinical Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy means the use of hypnosis for the treatment and relief of a variety of somatic and psychological symptoms. Modern Hypnotherapists use hypnosis not only for medical purposes but also as an aid for the resolution of many problems of psychological origins.
It is estimated that approximately 85% of people of all age groups will readily respond to Clinical Hypnotherapy. It is often successful when other, more conventional methods of treatment, have failed. Although a very powerful treatment, hypnotherapy is also very relaxing. It can help you to finally control those unwanted worries, feelings, or habits. Time and again it has proven very effective in reducing overall stress and the accompanying symptoms. You are guided gently into a state of relaxation and focused attention, relaxing in such a way that your unconscious mind becomes receptive and open to positive suggestions. It is here that change and healing takes place and where your goals are achieved naturally and easily.
Hypnotherapy is completely natural and safe and there are no harmful side effects. When administered by a professionally trained and skilled Hypnotherapist, the benefits are long lasting and often permanent.
What can I expect?
There is an initial consultation where your requirements and goals are discussed. Your personal information is gathered which might include sleeping patterns, lifestyle information, medical symptoms, medication or any treatments involving other healthcare providers. Any questions or concerns you may have are discussed during consultation, although you are always encouraged to speak about how you feel at any point during therapy. In subsequent sessions, the practical application of clinical hypnosis begins. It is during these sessions that the work for change takes place.
Will I lose control?
No. You will not lose control. In fact, the trance state cannot be achieved without your cooperation.
How will I feel after the session?
This varies from patient to patient. You may find yourself reflecting deeply on what has taken place, you might feel a certain amount of release or the first sparks of change. Most people feel very relaxed.
Will I remember everything after the session?
You will remember everything that your subconscious mind wishes you to remember. You are always in control.
How long will I need therapy for?
Initially, I encourage 6 sessions. It is my personal goal to work with you to make the changes you want happen as quickly as possible. You will not be encouraged to stay longer than is felt necessary and you are free to stop therapy at any time. Your situation will be reviewed on a regular basis to make sure that the process is working for you.
Does everyone respond to hypnotherapy?
Hypnosis has the capacity to work for the majority of people and there is no doubt that some individuals are more susceptible to suggestions than others. The most important thing to remember is that you must be fully committed to the process and keep an open mind.
Am I unconscious during hypnosis?
No. You will be aware of everything that’s happening. You will be in a deeply relaxed state and most people find the experience very pleasant and comfortable. In fact, many are reluctant to return from the trance state and say they would have liked to have stayed there longer.
Can you force me tell you anything under hypnosis?
No, I can’t. You are always in control. If you don’t wish to speak at all, then I can’t make you.
Can you force me to do anything you want under hypnosis, like being a chicken or a dog?
This kind of thing is reserved strictly for entertainment purposes and the extroverts the entertainer selects to be a part of the show. Although celebrity hypnotists have done much to bring awareness of the skill into the mainstream, what they do has no place in serious clinical hypnotherapy. Hypnosis can reduce inhibitions but it can’t make you do anything you do not want to do.
How long does a cure produced by hypnosis actually last?
Those who are motivated towards change have the most success. Hypnosis helps to make the change process easier and more natural so that the desired changes seem effortless. If change has been made to a flawed belief system, then the cure will be permanent and last for a life-time. If only superficial changes are made, then it might only be a few days or weeks. However, this will still allow for a window of opportunity in which change can happen.
Can it do me any harm?
Hypnosis is deep relaxation with suggestions and your mind is guided to where it needs to focus. There is nothing harmful in relaxation.
How regularly will I see you?
Initially, you may decide you wish to meet on a weekly basis, but depending on improvements and how you feel, you may then choose to see me less frequently.
Is it confidential?
Absolutely! What takes place during the sessions and any personal information gathered is kept in the strictest confidence.
Where does therapy take place?
This is a London based practice. Depending on the distance, therapy can take place in the comfort of your home. Alternatively, it takes place in rooms based in Notting Hill (W2) or Brockley (SE4).
How long are the sessions?
How much does it cost?
• £70.00 per hour
• £200.00 per session for “Stop Smoking” therapy. If a 2nd session is necessary, it is free of charge
• Concessions available
• Payment is made in advance of your session
What happens if I cannot attend a session?
Please contact me as soon as possible if you are unable to attend and you will be re-scheduled for the next available slot. Any appointments cancelled with 24 hours of your appointment will not be refunded.
Can I get hypnotherapy on the NHS?
Access to hypnotherapy on the NHS is very limited. You can, of course, discuss the option with your healthcare provider, but know that it is not widely available.
Consultation: Free of Charge
An initial telephone consultation to discuss your issues and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
Hypnotherapy - £90.00 per hour
Sessions are arranged on a weekly basis for a duration of one hour.
Starting at week 20 of your pregnancy (or when you feel you’re ready), this is a one-to-one, 10-hour course over 5 sessions. It also includes phone support before and following the birth.
Past Life Regression (including healing): £150.00
For a one-off experience, this session can last up to 2 hours. Should it overrun there is no additional charge. Healing is offered after the session and is free of charge. Should you wish to have healing, the healing session lasts between 15-20 minutes.
Past Life Regression Therapy: £90.00 per hour
Sessions are arranged on a weekly basis for a duration of 60-90 minutes. This is the use of past life regression to establish patterns of behaviour that are impacting your current existence.
Personalised Meditation/Therapy Recordings: £180.00
Costs includes up to an hour’s consultation, personalised script and recording.
Recording Downloads: £10.00 per recording
Thirty to 40 minutes of guided, trance state meditation or therapeutic recordings.
Online Meditation Classes: £5.00 per session
Lasting 30 minutes, this is a group session which takes place on a weekly basis.
Full payment of the session is required 3 days in advance of all appointments. Please note that failure to pay may result in your appointment being cancelled.
CANCELLING OR CHANGING APPOINTMENTS
- To cancel or rearrange an appointment, please contact the therapist within 48 hours prior to your appointment. Cancellations and rearranging of appointments should be made during the working week (Monday to Friday) between 09:00 Hrs-18:00 Hrs. Appointments are either fully refunded or rearranged for a mutually convenient time.
- Please note that there is no refund for notifications received in less than 48 hours, during the working week (Monday to Friday) between 09:00 Hrs-18:00 Hrs prior to your appointment.
- Payments for any rearranged appointments can be carried over to cover the fee of the rescheduled session. The new appointment will be subject to clause (a) of these terms as stated above.
- Any cancellations made by the therapist will be refunded in full or carried over for the next session.
Should you arrive late for your appointment, please note that there is no guarantee of you receiving a full session. There is no refund in part or full for any reduced sessions due to lateness.
All sessions for Past Life Regression are recorded free of charge. The therapist does not take any responsibility for any faulty recordings.
LENGTH OF APPOINTMENTS
At the discretion of the therapist, and if appropriate, sessions may be shorter or longer than scheduled. There is no refund or extra charge under these circumstances.
- The therapist will endeavour to provide you with the best care to help you reach your goals. However, there can never be a 100% promise of success for this or any other treatment. To promise 100% success would be unethical whether you are opting for hypnotherapy or any other treatment. Should therapy prove unsuccessful, there is no refund in part or full.
- Subject to legal conditions (see “Disclosure of your personal information” under GPDR), confidentiality is guaranteed between therapist and client.
This GDPR informs you of how any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be stored and processed.
Gathering personal information
- Any information that you provide by emailing me via my website www.tranceworks.net and via various therapy directories and platforms or by phone to request further information about my services.
- If you contact me by email Claudette.Forster@Tranceworks.net or phone +44 (0)7899 248660, please note that the records of the correspondence may be kept. This includes:
- Any pre-therapy questionnaire forms
- Pre-therapy notes
- Session notes
- Past Life Regression recordings
- Any information given for downloading recordings
- Any information given for customised recordings
- Any information given for attending any event advertised on the website or being sent an invitation to attend an event
Where I store your personal data
- All your personal data that I collect via any form of contact by email or phone will be kept securely.
- The pre-therapy questionnaire form, your contact details, and session notes are stored on a computer and password protected.
- The session notes are anonymised, using your initials only and are password protected.
- Any hard copies of your information are anonymised, using your initials only and stored securely.
How your information is used
- Your contact details are used as follows:
- To allow me to provide you with information of the service(s) that you have requested
- To allow you to tell me about changes in your availability
- To notify you about changes to my availability
- I use the session notes to carry out my obligation arising from the agreement entered into between you and I (separate to the “Therapy Agreement”). From time to time, and as part of my commitment to providing a professional service, I attend supervision. This is bound by a confidentiality contract (separate to the “Therapy Agreement”). In this instance, and to protect your identity, I only use the initial of your first name.
How long your notes are kept
- I retain your pre-therapy questionnaire, contact details and session notes for as long as we are working together. Thereafter, your pre-therapy questionnaire and session notes are retained by me for a further seven years after which they are disposed of securely and removed from my mobile phone and computer.
- You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that I hold. All requests have a month to be carried out.
- In accordance with the duties required of me by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), I have a legal obligation to report any data breach to you and to the ICO within 72 hours.
Disclosure of your personal information
- In the event of my incapacity or death, your personal contact information will be disclosed to the two clinical executors of my Professional Will and they will notify you. In the event of my death, my Executors will also destroy all contact information and notes on my computer.
- In the event that I am subpoenaed by the court or as a legal requirement, for example, the safeguarding of a child or children, vulnerable adults, terrorism or money laundering, I have a duty to disclose your personal data by law.
- Your use and undertaking of the services of Claudette Förster constitutes your approval and acceptance of this agreement. Likewise, you as the Client are consenting to Claudette Förster’s use and storage of the personal information you have disclosed as detailed above. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.